Our Statement of Commitment
Our Statement of Commitment
“Why do I do what I do? Why should I be so involved with the work of the Lord?” It is important for us to review objectives and motives for doing the things we do because it matters what our motivations are. You must realize that your world is your mission field, the world that you have been commissioned to reach with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
See your world as your harvest field and let the following be your statements of commitment to the work of the ministry as you work to bring in the harvest; let them be a constant source of motivation to you.
1. I am convinced that God’s only saving power is in the Gospel You must be absolutely convinced that the Gospel is the power of God. The Gospel is God’s only saving power. 16 “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” Roms.1: 16-17 KJV
God wants to save, help and deliver people but He cannot do it without the Gospel because His power is in the Gospel. If anyone, anybody anywhere will believe this Gospel no matter how lost in sin or how deep in evil they are and act on it; it makes no difference how deep the valley is or how miry the pit is, they will come out as white as snow.
2. The Gospel is the answer to all human problems The Gospel can be summarized in one sentence; God so loved the world. And that is enough! If God loved the world so much that He gave His only begotten son [Jn.3: 16], then He will never let them suffer, He will never let them perish. The essence of the crucifixion was a message and not a ritual or a ceremony; a message to the whole world that God loves them. There is no fear in love. This is the message of the Calvary Cross. God wants us happy, not sad. He is not interested in having the world dressed in rags, poorly clothed, and ill-fed. He wants them rich, strong, and healthy. He wants to give them an identity in Christ. This is enough to make us shout and preach the Gospel.
3. The Gospel is committed to my trust According to the glorious Gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. 1Tim.1: 11KJV The Gospel has been delivered to you; don’t take it lightly. Just picture God coming to you and putting something in your hand saying Take this Gospel to the entire world and change lives. That’s what He told us. Remember He can’t do it without you, just as you can’t do it without Him. It is you and God working together that brings success. You are a missionary on a mission.
4. I am committed to the Gospel Are you committed as a Christian worker? Can you say you are committed to the Gospel? It is one thing for the Gospel to be committed to you and another for you to be committed to it. This commitment shows in your choices. Do you carry the consciousness that you are committed to the Gospel? A Christian worker believes and knows that God has enabled him to win souls and to be a minister of life through sharing the Gospel. Christ is the one reaching out to them through you. Share the Word of God, Jesus knows where the people are and where they hurt. He needs someone to take the Gospel to them for Christ and bring them back to God.
5. I am convinced that Jesus Christ is the only way. You must come to the point in your life where the way you live, speak, think and relate to people proves beyond any confirmation that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. Take a moment and really think about it. Since Jesus Christ is truly the only way, all the religions of the world have deceived millions of people. If you are convinced that this is the truth, it would dawn on you that you have the responsibility of communicating the Gospel with enthusiasm, persuasion, and much readiness. This conviction is reflected not only in soul-winning but also in discipleship; remember our motto for organized evangelism – win them, build them and send them. This is what discipleship is all about.
6. I am convinced that the Gospel is the power of God The Gospel is God’s saving power. let it dawn on your spirit for all times. The Gospel is what communicates the power of God because His power is manifested in the Gospel.
Your convictions that the Gospel is the power of God will make you ready to share God’s Word with someone else. It will give you divine boldness in communicating it. You must give someone the opportunity to believe in the Gospel of Christ and have everlasting life. The communication of the Gospel of Christ is the only hope for mankind.
7. Be convinced that the Gospel of Christ is God’s saving power for everyone and anyone and this conviction will enhance your communication of this truth. This is the only news on planet earth that sets man free!